When Florence and I were young very, very young like 4 and 5, we were walking to the country store a few paces down the road when we saw some beautiful flowers on big vines over the fence. We decided to bring some home to Mama. So we got an armful of the flowers and brought them home. We met the family doctor at the gate and he was upset. He told us to throw them in the ditch and to hurry in and wash our arms and hands with a lot of water and Octagon soap because these flowers could cause a bad rash. These were poison ivy flowers!